First, please be aware of the following guidelines set by the President's Office regarding the use of personal cell phones for LBC correspondence:
We ask that you consider the following guidelines for phone forwarding:
1. Voicemail Greeting: Please make sure that your cell phone is set up with a voicemail greeting that is professional and reflects well on you and on LBC | Capital. Please mention the time frame in which calls will be returned.
2. Voicemail Storage: Please ensure that space remains available on your voicemail box so that callers can continue to leave messages with you. In the interest of serving well, please check messages frequently during business hours.
3. Outgoing Calls: If you do not wish to share your cell phone number with callers, dial *67 before the phone number. Your call will appear on the recipient’s phone as a “Restricted Caller”.
4. Response Time: We are asking that you respond to all voicemails within one business day.
Thank you so much for your attention to this, as well as all you are doing to serve the LBC | Capital community right now. We are so grateful.
After preparing your cell phone to align with these requests, you can set your ShoreTel desk phone to forward to your cell phone using the following instructions:
- Press the "Options" button on the desk phone
- Use the arrow keys to select the first option of "availability" and click "Edit"
- Use the arrow keys to select "out of office" and click "edit"
- Use the "back" button to remove any current options and enter the "91" prefix needed to dial an off-campus number followed by the 10 digit number for your cell phone.
- Click "OK" to confirm the number
- To return your screen to the standard view, you may either click "Cancel" until you exit to the main screen, or you may just wait for it to automatically time out and return to the standard screen (this takes about 3 - 5 seconds of sitting idle)
- Press the "State" button on the desk phone
- Use the arrow keys to select the state you wish to set
- Available will ring to your desk phone
- Out of Office will ring to the call forward number (cell phone)
- Click "OK" to confirm the setting
- You will automatically be returned to your main screen
-- OR --
You can also change the state of your phone while you are away from your desk by dialing our remote voicemail system (717-560-8255 for Lancaster employees or 301-477-2223 for Washington DC employees).
- Log into the Mitel Communications System using your extension and voicemail pin
- Press "7" for "Mailbox Options"
- Choose option to change availability
- Select the availability state you wish to set
Please contact the Help Desk by sending an email to email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance with this process. Please note that your desk phone model may not have the "Options" feature available. If you wish to forward your extension to your cell phone, but are unable to use the desk phone to set up the call forward, please submit a request to the Help Desk by email at least three days prior to the date the forward is needed. You will still need to change the state of the phone for the call forwarding to be in effect.