Our enterprise network is fully compatible with MacOS computers. Please review the following resources to troubleshoot your MacOS device's connection to the "LBC" WiFi network:
- We have received reports that our "LBC - Guest" network can cause connection issues for our other WiFi networks. Please review the list of known networks on your device and remove all LBC networks in the list (possible networks include: LBC, LBC - Guest, and ChargerNET)
- After removing all LBC WiFi networks from the list of known networks, please add a fresh connection to our main WiFi network reserved for members of the LBC community (LBC):
- If you are now showing as connected to the WiFi, but have no internet access, please verify that you are not running any virtual private network (VPN), peer to peer (P2P), or content filtering software (i.e. Covenant Eyes) on your computer. If you are unsure if you have any of these types of software installed, please review your DNS settings and remove any addresses that are not "10.1.1.3" or "10.1.1.4".
- If needed, please refer to this article: Apple Support | MacOS - DNS Settings
- If you are running any of these types of software, please turn them off while connected to our network.
- Please note that we have reached out to some content filtering software developers that promote a pure and moral approach to browsing the internet. We have been advised that most of these content filters are using a feature called "DNS filtering" which is not compatible with the filters we already have in place. Most of these "accountability" types of software can disable this feature while maintaining the accountability for which these software programs were designed. Please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions regarding how these programs can effect your connection to the LBC WiFi networks.
If you have attempted the above solutions, and you are unable to access the internet on our WiFi networks, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for further assistance.